So you wanna be healthy huh? Well, you came to the right place! We all have habits that we’ve developed, the key is having more good ones that destructive. The good news, it doesn’t take long to instill a healthy one. Here are 7 of my top habits that keep me feeling f#cking great!
1) Move baby! Everyday, no matter what, I do something physical and I plan it out and plug into my calendar about a week in advance. A blend of outdoor activity like hiking with my dogs or even walking around the neighborhood, yoga class, spin class and I count cleaning my house as movement too 🙂 Ok here’s a good secret-I lay out my workout clothes the night before so I just get dressed and I’m out the door. For accountability to myself, I invite friends to join me in these activities so I can’t back out when my alarm goes off early AF.
2) Tea! There are so many amazing teas with incredible health properties. Expand your tea horizon, green is great but there are tons of others on the shelf that want to go home with you! Think Dandelion Root, Nettle Leaf, Detox Tea, Tulsi Tea (any of their flavors are the bomb!), ginger, hibiscus, pau d’arco, the list goes on! Tea is also a naturally easy way to edge out to much coffee. When it’s cold out, I get into the habit of bringing my BPA Free- stainless steel to go mug with me. Plus a cup of herbal tea counts towards your 8 glasses of water a day.
3) Call me a Boyscout, cause I’m prepared. Anytime I leave the house I bring snacks with me. I also keep munchies in my middle console of the car. Nuts, seeds, clean bars, kale chips… foods that are high in fiber, protein or healthy fats and will balance my blood sugar and tide me over. And some freshies like high fiber fruit- think the ones with skin and seeds like pears, green apples, and all the berries plus raw veggies too!
4) Laugh. I love a good joke! I love a good dirty joke! Laughter elevates our mood, releases the feel good hormone oxytocin and increase endorphins. Plus laughter is contagious and firms your abs. Watching funny shows, not taking myself serious, and working to stay positive (yeah sometimes shit gets real) all help keep my mindset healthy and in a place to laugh more.
5) Play with animals. From the stress reduction, the oxytocin hit and love I feel from our furry friends, is something I can’t live without. I kiss my dogs (yes on the mouth) a ridiculous amount of times throughout the day. I’ve got my kitty Nala next to me now motivating me with her purrs. She approves this message and urges you to adopt your new fur baby today! If you don’t own a pet, a wonderful opportunity for both you and an animal is volunteering. Whether it be walking dogs at a shelter, bottle feeding baby kittens, or at an adoption event. The moment your eyes click with an animal you’ll feel lit up inside. If not, there might be something wrong with you.
6) Gimme greens! Most nights, regardless what’s for dinner, I always have a salad with it. It doesn’t have to be a crazy salad, even just a big ol’ handful of greens with an easy olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette will do. But this ensures a serving of greens and usually other veggies that inevitably tossed in there.
7) Get that ass in bed! When evening rolls around, I treat myself like the 7 year old version of Jill (with a much longer beauty routine!) and begin the nighttime rituals. Sleep is undervalued and incredibly important for balancing our hormones, consolidating memories, building creativity, critical thinking skills, and the ability to problem solve. Plan what time you’ll start winding down, turning off electronics, all your hygiene habits, maybe make a cup of tea or read a pleasure book. These types of relaxing activities let my mind settle from the day and get ready for bed. It’s really difficult to jump from a 45 minute Facebook binge to sleep. Respect that shut eye as it does so much for you.
If you’re ready to take your health and life to the next level, schedule a “Health Consultation” with me! One conversation could change your life! It doesn’t matter where you live, I work with clients all over the map and would love to chat with you! Click here!